Monday, February 12, 2018

Shirts, shirts, shirts

Bonnie Hunter's workshop slideshows often include quilts in the Tumelo Trail pattern, and the more I see of them, the more I want to make my own. It's in the Scraps & Shirttails II book, and it's on special! 

 I love the shirt prints in this block, and just lately I've come across a fair few cheap shirts on my op-shop visits.  I guess it was inevitable that I would start this quilt before long.

On my trips to Adelaide I try to pop into a few op-shops, but I was gob-smacked at the prices they are charging. $14.50 for a second hand shirt??  That's insane. Pity the poor guys trying to find a new outfit at that shop.  I did find a few at another place for between $2 and $3, but they were marked down from much higher prices.  I won't be adding to my stash in Adelaide.
The local op-shop is a whole lot more reasonable, so I bought up big when they threw a heap of stuff out for .50c.  That's more like it.  I don't have enough yet for the whole quilt, but it's a start.

I'm hoping to clear out the 1.5" strip drawer making the nine-patches, and use up lots of teeny little strips that are very messy.  They will make great leader-enders while I get busy on those remaining borders that need to be sewn on.
One block made, 41 to go...

3 comments:

Karen in Breezy Point 2:36 AM  

That looks like a great stash buster--can't wait to see it grow!

Sue SA 6:49 AM  

Love nine patches, but never made this block, not sure why, it looks so good! This is a great pattern, look forward to seeing your progress.

Gypsy Quilter 6:56 AM  

It looks like you're well on your way to another beautiful quilt.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP