Wednesday, March 23, 2016

About 10 years ago I made some scrap stars on a blue background, and they have sat in the UFO pile ever since.

 I was experimenting with ways to foundation piece Le Moyne stars, and I liked the results but wasn't really taken with the method.
 I made 9 and called it quits, and pieced a huge pile of scraps into the sashes and border.

I tried numerous times to give them a fancy pieced border, and nothing looked good.
 So I just slapped a triple border on it and called it done.
This is the exact opposite of the immense amount of care I took with the borders on the grey quilt, but that doesn't bother me.  It's not as if I didn't try to do something more elaborate, but I just couldn't come up with anything that struck me as Right.  So now this is a little wallhanging or lap size quilt, and I'm happy to cross another one off the list.  I'm down to 19 UFOs now, and I can't wait to get another one out of the box and start working on it.  I have a busy Easter break planned, lots of traveling and visitors, so nothing will happen for a while.  When I do get some time I'll be sewing with a passion.

7 comments:

Karen in Breezy Point 1:13 AM  

I think it looks great! Done is good--lol!

Karen 6:28 AM  

I am trying to figure out how you made these stars. Interesting look.

Gypsy Quilter 1:29 AM  

Lovely. Great color combo.

Tanya 9:24 PM  

Sometimes a simple border so the centre shines is best. I think you achieved that, great job

O'Quilts 12:31 PM  

I love it. You did a really great job. It lifts my spirits !

Dineke 9:40 PM  

What a fun quilt this is.

Bag End Gardener 5:06 PM  

I love seeing how you and Meredith eventually get back to quilts started ages ago. The wonderful thing is that when you do have them finished they never look old :-}

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP