Sunday, December 13, 2015

I finally had time to get the borders on my Sisters Nine-patch, and I can pack away the remnants of the red nine-patches.

These have been lying around for 18 months, and I'm ready to move on to something that doesn't involve this much red.  I agonised over the setting fabric, and then the borders, but it was worth it to have a top that I actually liked.  The border fabric was difficult to choose; nothing went with the setting fabric and I ransacked the cupboards auditioning dozens of fabrics.
The leaf fabric is old, and one of my favourites.  I decided I would use it, cut strips late at night and measured one wrong.  Disaster!  I already knew that there was nothing else in my stash, so I went round to Mereth's and raided her stash.  She very kindly let me have the leafy, scrolly print and I think I like the top even better with it's two different borders.  Thanks heavens for stash fabrics.
I'll be dealing with red and blue for quite some time though; I now have 30 of these blocks done, enough to set together into a decent sized top.
 I will have to puzzle through sashing fabric for that.  Then there are the red and blue sampler blocks, patiently waiting.  And also this 4-patch 9-patch top, just needing it's borders.
Once that is done I'm going to branch out into some other colours for a change!

4 comments:

Karen in Breezy Point 2:55 AM  

I love your red nine patch quilt---the scrappy border looks great! These projects are done in one of my favorite color combinations, so I think they are all wonderful!

Tanya 12:35 PM  

I dont think I will ever tire of red fabric. Im doing my BH leader/ender tumbler challenge in reds and neutrals. Beautiful quilts, you still amaze me with the number or quilts you turn out and still work and have a life lol.

Nancy 1:58 PM  

I love your scappy red and white/natural nine-patches! I think the sashing is perfect.

Sue SA 7:17 AM  

Ha ha, your finishing this gorgeous Bonnie Hunter quilt just as I am contemplating making it! Thanks for sharing, I love it in the red n blue combo.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP