Monday, July 13, 2015

It's finished!

I'm so pleased with how this turned out, I keep wandering into the room just so I can admire it again.
It was so easy to add the pieced border, because the seams in the blocks matched the seams in the borders.  And I love that the three blue corner triangles in the border echo the three corner blocks in the quilt.

 It seemed to take forever, but it's only been 2 months.  I just haven't had a lot of free time this year, so I haven't been able to sew like I normally do.  Maybe this is the new 'normal', but I hope not; I miss my long days in the sewing room.

I still have huge piles of the yellowy-cream neutrals that I was hoping to use up.  So many times I've bought material online, thinking that it's a nice stone-coloured print, and it turns out to be yellow.
I really like the grey-brown tones in the French General ranges,
 or brown-pink neutrals.  I don't like yellow-tinted backgrounds at all, so they never get chosen for my projects.  This quilt top used up 4 yards of them, but I have plenty more.  Maybe I'll kit up another version of this quilt, and let it sit on the shelf till I want to tackle it.
My design wall looked empty, so I put these blocks on it.  I would love to charge straight into another quilt, but I need to clean up first.  I've been working on four quilts that used the same blues, so I didn't want to put away any of the fabric until I was sure I wouldn't need it again.  I've cut all the pieces I need, and it's time for those piles of fabric to go back into the drawer.

I'm so jealous of Bonnie's new FQ storage, I would love to do that too, but I haven't found the perfect storage box yet.  I'm always on the lookout, but no box I've found has the right dimensions.  I'll keep searching.

5 comments:

Sandy 12:27 AM  

I too, have a stack of those soft yellows which I feel the same way about. I actually bought a big bundle of them at a quillt shop, thinking they were creme, and that was in person! Anyway they go beautifully with the blue, which is how I am trying to use mine up.

I love the setting you figured out, you managed to get the zig-zag and medallion all in one quilt!

Litamora's Quilt & Design 7:30 AM  

Beautiful quilt! Love it!

Anonymous,  4:10 AM  

I love it! It is beautiful, definitely a happy quilt.

Gypsy Quilter 5:58 AM  

Gorgeous, wonderful border!

Ann-Maree 1:44 PM  

I too am following Bonnie on the folding stash bandwagon..not sure if you have Reject Shops in SA..I found clear shoe box size boxes very similar to Bonnies and have been buying a few each time I walk past a store (Sydney, they're everywhere!) 3 for $10

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP