Saturday, February 21, 2015

 My red and shirting nine-patches have built up at an alarming rate.  I started them in August last year, so I could make the Sisters Ninepatch from Bonnie's Adventures With Leaders & Enders book.

There are 120 in the pile, and more over by the sewing machine.  I still have a big container of squares ready to piece, so I will have enough to make the 169 blocks in Bonnie's quilt, and then some.  I cut a heap of blue squares so that I can be making blue and shirting blocks as well.  These are such a good leader-ender, I don't want to stop making them.
I'm still going through all my scrap containers, trying to sort out what needs to be kept and what can be re-purposed.  I have dozens of bins and baskets full of leftovers, and it's time to deal with them.
I'm making progress; these are all empty containers that can go in the cupboard till I need them again.  The problem is they take up nearly as much room empty as they did when they were full. 


2 comments:

Gypsy Quilter 7:36 AM  

I do believe you're winning in the empty the container contest. However, I believe I've emptied more baggies than bins. Happy sewing.

Stephanie Newman 5:04 PM  

That's a serious stash of empty bins. I'm sure you'll find something exciting to put into them in no time! What's next?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP