Monday, February 03, 2014

Mereth and I enjoyed making the Celtic Solstice blocks, it was great fun to see each clue unveiled.  The clues were posted at 11pm our time, here in South Australia, so I waited up each Friday night to see what was in store for us.  Then I could get busy cutting fabric on Saturday morning.


Our quilt isn't exactly like Bonnie's; we chose to make the block with the chevrons into a star, and I messed up the borders by having the triangles pointing the same way on the sides. Then we were 7 blocks short, so I made it rectangular.  No matter, it's a great looking quilt, and it will be wonderful to get it quilted and completely finished.  It's too hot for quilting right now, but this will be in the queue come autumn.
The final link up for all the Celtic Solstice quilts is here.
Thanks Bonnie, for a fun project.

2 comments:

Tanya 8:28 AM  

Yours is gorgeous, I've nearly finished my top, will just need to find someone to quilt it :)

Gypsy Quilter 1:04 AM  

Yeah, another finish. So fun.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP