Sunday, August 18, 2013

I woke up very early this morning, and couldn't go back to sleep so I got up at 5.30 and started sewing.  I added an extra round of logs to all these blocks, and decided that I definitely like them better this way.  Now I'll make enough of them for a single bed size quilt.


While I sewed I watched an episode of Dalziel and Pascoe, an 80s British police drama.  This little boy was very familiar; I was sure I recognised him, and when I checked the credits I was right. 
Check out the pictures at the bottom of the post to see who he grew up to be.

I might have gone a bit beserk on the 1.25" strips.  I will need a lot more, and I like a bit of variety, and it's just so easy to weed all the pieces out of the scrap drawers and send them through the Go Cutter. 
I may be gifting some of these to Mereth if I can't use them all up myself.
And of course, there are all the leftovers to deal with......
...
...
...
...
...



 The little boy was Matthew Lewis, and he played Neville Longbottom in the Harry Potter movies.
And then he grew up some more and now he looks like this;
amazing.




2 comments:

Gypsy Quilter 3:50 AM  

Love the log cabin layout. Looking forward to seeing it all together.

Unknown 3:03 PM  

Hi! I love these wild goose chase blocks! Any way I can get this pattern?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP