Friday, July 13, 2012

Time flies when you're working hard!  I seem to have dealt with most of my immediate deadlines, so I've earnt some time in the sewing room this weekend. 

Yesterday Mereth and I scored 4 each of these storage boxes, (from Kmart in the scrapbooking section) and I'm itching to get my projects sorted into them.  I know I can be super organised, if only I can find the correct storage containers. I want to spend a few hours just pulling out projects, cutting pieces needed, making decisions so that I can go ahead with them.  I'd like to make all the hard decisions now, so the next few months I can just sew, not sit there thinking about what I should be doing.

I never showed a picture of my cross-blocks quilt with the borders on; I really want to get this quilted soon, so it can go on my bed this winter.  I love the dark sashings,, it really frames the blocks.

I'm steadily sewing together the Doors and Windows blocks, and they are looking good. 
I've used up most of the scraps I cut up, so I may have to raid some other strip drawers.  I have lots of 4.5" strips, so I'll cut them into 2.5" slices and that will deal with them.  It's going to be fun replenishing the strip drawers, I've used nearly everything that is precut, so soon I will have to weed out anything in the stash that's under a fat eighth and cut it up.


Finally I made a decision on the sashing for the grey quilt.  I need to come up with a name for this, I don't even know what the block is called.  I went with a darker brown, everything else seemed too wishy-washy.  The measurements for the setting triangles are crazy, I'm still trying to get them perfect, but this is close enough for a start.  If all else fails I will paper piece them, but I'm sure I'll get used to cutting in sixteenths.  I need better eyesight is what I need!

And once I have the blocks together, there are those multiple pieced borders to tackle.  This quilt is certainly going to take some time, but it will be out of the ordinary.It's just the opposite of the Doors and Windows, but I think they are like an antidote to each other.  They balance each other in the long run.

3 comments:

Karen 11:00 PM  

You are always working on the most interesting scrappy quilts.

Kerri 12:14 AM  

The cross blocks quilt is stunning! I love the dark sashing and how it makes the blocks stand out.

sewprimitive karen 7:28 PM  

Those boxes are such great storage for Works in Progress. I have 16 of them in my closet. Your quilts are just divine.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP