Saturday, June 11, 2011

It's yet another long weekend, this time for the Queen's birthday.  It's not actually her birthday on Monday, but we'll have the holiday anyway.  It's so nice to have that extra day off, it makes the weekend so much more enjoyable.

I finished all the Plaid blocks that I had cut out, and now I have to sew them together and decide on borders.


 I don't know where this quilt will end up, it could be a donation quilt or I might just use it myself as a utility quilt.  With two dogs that have free reign of the place I need to change out the quilts often, and they need vigorous washing.  I'm just glad our dogs are so short-haired, I'd hate to have clumps of long fur everywhere.

I'm leaning towards a couple of simple borders just to frame these blocks, and then I move on to another project all the quicker. 
I'll probably work on the Jacob's Ladder blocks that I kitted up, as I don't have a lot of space for cutting in my sewing area.  My office work has taken over all available space recently, I need to sort it all out; after I play with my kitted blocks.

Seonaid is busy cleaning up the kitchen, which is so nice to listen to.  The work is getting done, and I'm not doing it.  That's luxurious in my opinion.

4 comments:

antique quilter 5:50 PM  

HI!!!
I absolutely Love this plaid quilt.
what a great way to use up squares I have cut!
I vote for you to keep it and use it. Jacob;s ladder blocks have been one of my favorite blocks, I have a quilt started too from those blocks.
Kathie

julieQ 12:50 AM  

Love, love, love your scrappy wonderful quilt! The plaid blocks are just perfect...and beckoning me to my scraps! Jacob's ladder is wonderful too!

Jan 3:53 AM  

Fabulous projects, both!

sewprimitive karen 4:58 PM  

I hope you keep the plaid quilt. It's such a good block, isn't it, and fun to make!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP