Saturday, October 23, 2010

Long time, no blog.  Things got very hectic after the AMQF at the start of the month; on the last day of the festival I found out that I have to move house, so ever since then Mereth and I have been packing and shifting, toting and carrying, lugging boxes and hauling furniture. The end is in sight though, and we might have a lazy day today.

Life has been constant upheaval for many months; first there was Mereth's shift, which is now almost complete.  Now I'm shifting.  And our bother and sister-in-law moved over from Western Austalia, and have been decluttering their house, which seems to involve giving us what they don't want; when DB arrives on the doorstep with a trailer full of stuff we have to stop what we're doing and rush to help unpack.

And where are we going?  I always knew that I woud have to leave this place one day, when our friends came back, so I had the foresight to buy a place that could take Millhouse.  Two years ago I bought the Freemason's Lodge, which is a gigantic hall, just two blocks down from where I live now.


It's only two rooms, so Millhouse will be set up in the back, and I will live in the front room.

There is loads of space, so it won't be too bad, and it will only be until I can get planning approval for a house on the land next door.
I've lived in caravans before this, and student accommodation, and single rooms, so a 6m x 7m room won't be too cramped.  And I'll finally realise a longheld dream and get to actually sleep in my sewing room!  I bet I'll have to move the fabric off my bed first.

10 comments:

Anonymous,  8:07 AM  

Sounds like my dream came true ... for you!

Judy B

sewprimitive karen 8:36 AM  

Wow, that is JUST too cool!

pdudgeon 9:32 AM  

well as someone who does sleep in her sewing room, it's a very nice thing to do! I have to be organized, but i get a lot more sewing done this way than if i had a separate room for my sewing.

best wishes on the moving and packing.

Kate 7:41 AM  

Love your blog - one of the first I ever started reading - welcome back! Really like the sound of that hall - what a coup! I have always dreamt of living in a church - am an atheist by the way - but the SPACE!! :-)

Mary Johnson 2:10 PM  

What a great building! I'd love to have something like this.....I'd hold big HeartStrings get-togethers!

YankeeQuilter 8:17 AM  

Sounds exciting! I've often thought of finding a place (away from the kitchen)to do my quilting...sigh!

Sue SA 8:31 PM  

Packing and moving are my least favourite things to do, so good for you that you have survived three moves! I am sure moving Millhouse wasnt fun either. Hope you get to do some sewing for you soon. I guess the good thing about living in your sewing room would be that you can eat, dream and breath patchwork! Happy quilting Sue SA

Meggie 6:35 AM  

Wow! What a fun place to live.
Good luck with it all.

Chookyblue...... 6:45 AM  

glad to hear you have a new spot to move too........

Henrietta 9:39 AM  

Has it really been two years? Time is flying faster and faster. I have been feeling sorry for Mereth all the while and now shall feel sorry for you too. Although not too sorry because I can't imagine anything more heavenly than an enormous bedsitter. Maybe you should just build a new classroom next door and stay put. You could build a sleeping loft quite inexpensively, you have the height.

What are you doing for bathroom and shower?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP