Tuesday, October 10, 2006

10 oct 06

That's three quilts bound and finished. I'm working on a way to hang them up and take photos, so should be full piccies later on. I'm sure these quilts had five sides and five corners! It seemed like I was never going to get back to where I started on each one; I just hate it when you think you're on the last side and there's one more corner that you hadn't counted on.. I have two more quilts in the pile, with the bindings prepared, but I found another two in the spare room, so it's like I'm running in place. But I'm still enjoying myself, so I'll just keep on with the finishing off. This is what I will be doing tonight. I just love Malcolm In The Middle, and bought myself the first series on DVD. Lois is my hero; what a woman! Even when life is utter chaos she never fails to win; I want to be like her when I grow up. If I had children like hers I'd be in a corner with my pinafore over my head. I imagine most mothers with multiple sons can identify with what she goes through. For my part, my son has never caused me any trouble; my daughter bears a strong resemblance to Angelica from the Rugrats.... Sheila asked about the way I do the images of my quilting patterns. I edit the line drawings in Photoshop so that they have a 3D appearance; it helps people to imagine how they will look when they're quilted. The pantograph is still a simple line drawing.  Limetree happens to be one of my favourites, I did it on this scrappy bargello I made from the pattern on Bonnie's site and it came out really nice. Mereth has the quilt now, so she will have to take some photos to share. I'm off to spend some quality time with my latest sock, my DH, and Malcolm and Lois.....

2 comments:

quiltpixie 10:39 PM  

hope you enjoy the shows while working on those bindings :-)

mereth 7:48 AM  

I know what you mean about those extra corners, it's a good thing they disappear when you lay the quilt out afterwards!
I second the Angelica thing, even though I dearly love the girl.
Off to order the DVD's myself, I know you won't give them up in a hurry....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP