Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I can't believe how quickly the time is going by, and I'm only managing to post once a week. I'm disappointed with myself. But I am busy with lots of other stuff, and I seem to run out of energy before I get round to posting anything. Maybe I should do it in the morning.

I'm resorting to pictures of old quilts, as I haven't been able to sew a single stitch in the last week. It's so frustrating. Never mind.

This is my favourite quilt, out of all the ones I've made. I call it Irish Star, for two reasons. One is that it doesn't look like a star at all, even though it is made up of simple string pieced diamonds. The other reason is because I played Irish folk music CDs constantly as I pieced and quilted this.

It turned out exactly as I wanted it to, and it's just a lovely quilt. It used up a huge amount of my scraps, all of them in fact, and I had to resort to cutting up good fabric for it, but it was well worth it.

It's in America at the moment, having been in a few shows, and I'm looking forward to getting it back soon. If I hang it behind the TV I'll certainly have something to look at...

There's only a few more days of summer left, for which I am grateful. It will stay hot here until April at least, but once I know it's officially autumn I feel better able to cope with the heat.

The poor cats have suffered from the heat, and queue up outside the door to the air-conditioned room, waiting to be let in. Then there's a cat on every chair and no room for us!

Max can get himself into the strangest positions. I initially thought he'd been sat on and mangled, but he just looked at me and yawned. Nothing to see here, just a cat doing his thing....

3 comments:

Crystal Boudreaux 11:30 PM  

What an awesome quilt, Keryn! I love scrap quilts. Who makes that pattern?

keryn 12:41 AM  

I drafted the pattern from a black and white picture in an old book. The spirals occured randomly in that quilt, and I made them deliberate in my quilt. I've had so many requests over the years for the pattern that I think I will present it commercially. I have two other quilts I did as variations, and I will include them in the pattern. Just wait...., as my son says all the time whenever we want him to do something.

Bonnie K. Hunter 12:36 AM  

What a cool quilt! I love how it spins, reminds me of snail trails or spirals, only better!

Bonnie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP